I know I say this every single quarter, every single year, but I can’t believe it’s already the end of March. The first three months of 2017 have been a whirlwind as I’ve made big life decisions, set myself up to learn new and exciting things, and watched as politics around the world get more insane.
However, I’ve had a relatively positive quarter, so I’m going to focus on that!
As we all know, my word for 2017 is balance and while I’m still having unbalanced moments, I’m getting it together. So far the measurable goals and things-in-my-face approach are working. I have made a lot of extra work for myself, which I predicted in my goals announcement post, but I can’t argue with the results.
Here’s what I’ve managed to accomplish since January:
- Write at least 3 days a week –Last week was the very first week I missed a day. It was also an awful week on every imaginable front so I am forgiving myself. I quite literally looked at my tracker and said out loud: “Holy shit, it’s Friday. I missed my other days.” Some weeks and days are much more productive than others, but I’m getting words down.
- Submit each short story at least three times over the year –so far only Brew Disaster has been submitted once (and rejected).
- Read a minimum of 68 books over the year –I wrote about my accountability with this goal on E.V. Writes. I’m a wee bit behind but I’ll catch up. *fingers crossed*
- Write a new short story –a WIP is going. I figured out a major hurdle, so it’s going better!
- Learn how to meditate –Almost two weeks ago exactly I was on Pinterest and was led to a blog where the writer mentioned a meditation app. I downloaded it, gave it a go, and I am already seeing results. I’m annoyed it took me this long to get on this goal.
- Keep up the good exercise trend! –on it!
- Cook –I have to figure out a way to get motivated with this one, however, I am consistency cooking on Tuesdays because I have an evening commitment.
- Try something new –I have been ALL OVER this one! In January I tried out a yoga class and in February I signed up for school and March saw me take on meditation.
- Look on the bright side and lose the frustration –this one is a work in progress.
- Participate in NaNoWriMo 2017 and exceed 2015’s word count –TBD.
- Finish writing RA2 –have not gotten to this one yet.
- Turn RA1 into a readable manuscript –this one either.
- Read outside my comfort zone: add plays and poetry –I have a poetry book in mind and enroute.
- Change one habit each month to be greener –January: unplug sleeping technology. February: stop idling my vehicle unnecessarily. March: stop leaving the fridge door open.
- Leave the day job at the day job –I’ve been doing better with this one.
- Make time for hobbies –I’ve been good about reading but not much else.
- Learn how to make a t-shirt quilt –TBD.
- Be more social –when the weather is better I will prioritize this.
- Relax during vacation! –I did a wonderful job of this when I went to Mexico in January –yet another new thing I tried.
- Explore different writing communities –honestly, I forgot about this for the most part.
- Be accountable to the 6 month plan –I am in love with The Plan.
Now all I have to do is maintain this positive, forward moving momentum for nine more months!